For this piece, I used a wide range of values and showed that I am definitely not afraid of the dark. This is evident through all of the different charcoal strokes in the fabric, which have varying lengths and intensities. When you look at the piece, the folds and shadows are implied by the different shades of gray I added. The practice studies I did were extremely crucial to my understanding of value in this piece, especially since I did the same perspective for my studies as I did for my final. By the time I got to the final piece, I already knew where all the folds and drapes were in the fabric, so the values flowed more naturally from me. My prior knowledge of value helped me articulate where and when I should blend the values out into lighter shades in order to convey the form I wanted. In regards to the blending technique itself, I just went for it. I've never attempted a serious piece in charcoal before, so I knew I wouldn't have the control yet to make it really photo realistic. Instead of trying to make my piece smooth, I embraced a more spontaneous and stroke-based style to achieve my blending. The transitions are rough and sketchy, but I think they were still successful because of how many lines and dots I added. Most of the time I applied medium pressure to the charcoal, though there were a couple of places where I really laid into it and others where I went super light. My interpretation of texture in this piece was very line-based, and I feel that helped capture the texture of the piece because the fabric itself had an infinite number of tiny crease lines in it. If I could do this project again, I would push myself to make the piece even bigger so I could get even more detail captured.